[sldev] Reviewing/Fixing the Particle System

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Thu May 24 14:48:36 PDT 2007

Argent,

> On May 24, 2007, at 6:45 AM, Nicholaz Beresford wrote:
>> I'm pretty close to this (except for the name, just the UUID).
>> Do you have a build environment for the viewer or do you need
>> an executeable?
> I have a build environment, and it's a good thing too because I don't
> think your EXE will run on my Mac. :)
> (ah, portable open source software... from a game company no less. I
> can forgive Linden Labs all manner of faults just for that.)

Indeed ... that and the community (otherwise I would certainly have
drawn wrong conclusions about the particles).

Btw, had to disable the check for validity of those partsourcedata and
partdata items.  Found a sim today
where this broke the rain.

On the other hand, the throttling looks promising, I'll clean up my
debug stuff a bit and will send a version
which could serve as the basis for further discussion on how to assign
priorities to various sources.

Nick