[sldev] Re: Patch to Address Debit Permission Spoofing

Able Whitman able.whitman at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:19:12 PDT 2007

I haven't investigated what would be required to change other money-related
dialogs, but it's certainly something I would be happy to investigate. (I
suppose a good first step would be to compile a list of all the ways that SL
can take money from you!)

I have already made some modifications to my patch to address some of the
very helpful feedback I've recieved so far. This also includes changing the
size of the debit prompt so that it's not as easy to hit the "click click
click oops" problem.

My preference is to keep the debit permission prompt in the same overall
"style" of the standard permission prompt. I think that, combined with the
visual cues the patch makes, will strike a reasonable balance between making
the debit prompt more visible while not getting too "in-your-face" about the
issue.

If you feel strongly the other way, of course, I'm happy to be convinced! :)

Once I've done some more testing, I will update the patch spec, and I will
post a revised patch to the list.