[sldev] Re: Patch to Address Debit Permission Spoofing

Chance Unknown chance at kalacia.com
Fri May 25 13:26:11 PDT 2007

They can only take money from you once you authorize a prim to do it. Now it
might be interesting to have a universal revoke feature implemented at the
sims, but this wouldnt be a client side feature. And far as I can tell, only
scripts which are under your ownership can successfuly request debit
permission.

The flilpping around the aurhorization buttons to make it harder to slip one
in under the flurry of dialog boxes and trick someone to select OK on an
item that they accept from you, to fool them to take their money is probably
ok. But there is not a huge security concern like this thread implys. You
must authorize a prim that you own to dip into your pocket and send money
someplace.

..