[sldev] Debian preliminary packages

marvin24 at gmx.de marvin24 at gmx.de
Wed May 30 10:11:57 PDT 2007

Hello Paul,

Am Wednesday 30 May 2007 11:31 schrieb Paul TBBle Hampson:
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 07:24:58PM +1000, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> > On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 09:48:27AM +1000, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> >> I've just posted the preliminary Debian packaging of
> >> slviewer, to http://www.tbble.net/debian/
> >>
> >> However, they don't actually work just now, due to both the
> >> missing res-sdl and character directories in the 1.15.0.2
> >> release tarball, and an error I get when I try to connect,
> >> "Ran off end of packet ObjectUpdate from 64.154.220.9:13004".
> >
> > OK, fixed the packages, so they aren't missing files. ObjectUpdate
> > packet underrun still happens on agni though. -_-
>
> Just flicking back through the SLTraffic, and noticed that there might
> have been some expectation of binary uploads of these packages from
> me for arches other than PowerPC.
>
> I've not got any other system capable of building them for upload
> (or in fact, any other systems at the moment. -_-)

I used the opensuse.org build service to produce some packages for Fedora and
openSUSE. I merged some of your patches with mine and started a debian-etch
build for i386 which finished building this morning. I made some
modifications to the debian/* files which I like to discuss with you via
private mail (or the debian bug tracker?) Unfortunatly, I also can't test
these packages now because I also only have ppc machines with debian ;-)
Maybe I can get my hands on an i386 one in the evening...

As always, these packages can be found at
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/marvin24/ - testers welcome.

> The plan is to actually get these into Debian proper, so that
> the Debian buildd network will actually build the other arches
> for me. ^_^
>
> However, the packages will build unmodified on AMD64, and I expect the
> same on i386.

Marc

--
	"Those who question our statements are traitors"
		 Lord Arthur Ponsonby, "Falsehood in Wartime: Propaganda Lies of the First