[sldev] [VWR] What about Dillo

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:39:13 PDT 2007

On 01-Nov-2007, at 17:00, Callum Prentice wrote:
> That looks really cool Argent - thanks for the heads up - I'll take
> a look.

I sent mail to the author asking about it and he perked right up and
asked for more details.

> I believe we need to retain support in the client for an embedded
> browser than can render all (most) of the content out there on the
> Web but making an media impl that renders more rudimentary pages
> using Dillo should be straightforward. Might be useful for the oft-
> requested simple text renderer perhaps?

That's pretty much what I told him myself. For that you wouldn't need
to implement most of the really hairy stuff like javascript and
layers and frames... you wouldn't even need forms just to bake a
client-side texture from a string provided by a script.

BTW, I hope y'all are keeping the privacy implications of HTTP-
sourced textures in mind. :)