[sldev] [VWR] What about Dillo

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Nov 7 11:43:23 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 20:05 -0800, SL - Farallon Greyskin wrote:
> Using gecko/mozilla to do what we really really need right now is sort like
> trying to hunt ducks with a howitzer. If LL can solve the above two problems
> then maybe it'll work, otherwise maybe a simpler and safer approach might be
> better.

Stop reinventing wheels. Especially this one. Mozilla is fine. If
there's security issues, they should be fixed. And that is exactly why
Mozilla/xulrunner should be used, as it gets wide testing.

Note that Linux distributions are going to want to link llmozlib against
the system Mozilla/xulrunner, so we only have to track and fix security
issues in one copy of Mozilla:

http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-2977