[sldev] ESC exempt from open source and GPL licensing?

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 17:49:08 PST 2007

On 10-Nov-2007, at 08:59, Corax wrote:
> Is this true?  If I contribute code to LL, do I have to give up my
> rights to license it only under the GPL?

You should have read the contributor agreement before you signed it.

I did.

I don't have a problem with it. There's not much point to the SL
client without the SL servers (all due respect to OpenSim, most of
the competitive value of SL is now in the resident-created content,
not the server software), so it's not they're creating a
significantly steeper barrier to entry by doing this the way (say)
Trolltech or Aladdin Systems have.