[sldev] [POLICY] ESC exempt from open source and GPL licensing?

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Sun Nov 11 17:51:04 PST 2007

On 11/10/07 11:27 PM, Taran Rampersad wrote:
> Thank you for your response, Rob. Given that ESC bought a license, there
> should at least be a ballpark figure. I am actually considering the
> license for a potential client who wishes to dual license the browser
> created. Sort of like Linden Lab is doing. Recursion requires a good
> idea of the first iteration, though.

The best place to ask for this is "licensing at lindenlab.com".  I can
forward your request, but it works better with our ticketing system if
you're the one that sends the email.

Please do not continue the discussion on this list, and read the
"Policies" section about this mailing list:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev

If you would like to have an honest discussion about whether what Linden
Lab is doing is within the letter and spirit of the GPL, I'd suggest
that the appropriate venue is gnu-misc-discuss at gnu.org