[sldev] [META] Open source more of LSL?

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 05:29:11 PST 2007

Is there any way we could have more of LSL open sourced?  I'm sitting
here writing a script, and because there's no llSetLinkTexture, I'm
spending like 6 hours making this thing way more complicated than it
needs to be.  I could have probably written llSetLinkTexture by now.

So can we have more of the LSL source code open sourced?

I know this'll probably get some reply about mono.  I think it's pretty
obvious mono is going to stay vaporware for the foreseeable future.  We
need LSL to stop sucking *now*, not 2-3 years from now.  I'm sure
there's several scripters who'd be happy to provide improvements for
LSL, even if it'll all be throw away when and if mono ever happens.

-Jason