[sldev] Impossible to build client under MacOS X X.5 (Leopard) (892 errors after patch)

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 15:41:30 PST 2007

Matthew Wiggins wrote:
> This occurs because the XCode 3 yacc build step produces an .hpp file
> rather than the .h that is included by indra.l (indra.l.cpp is
> generated from this file at build time, and is likely cleaned after
> compilation, which is why you can't find it on your machine). You can
> either rename the #include "indra.y.h" to .hpp, or you can add the
> following to Target 'llcommon' info->Rules->Yacc source files script:
> if [ -f "${DERIVED_FILES_DIR}/${CURRENT_ARCH}/${INPUT_FILE_BASE}.y.hpp" ];
> then
> 	mv "${DERIVED_FILES_DIR}/${CURRENT_ARCH}/${INPUT_FILE_BASE}.y.hpp" "${DERIVED_FILES_DIR}/${CURRENT_ARCH}/${INPUT_FILE_BASE}.y.h" ;
> fi
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Matthew (Wiggo Linden).

It has so far. llCommon compiled just fine. However, I got 186 warnings
out of it, though newview project is also compiling without complaints.

If it stalls at the end I'll recompile llCommon and let you know what
the warnings were. Glanced at them but forgot to copy them. Looked like
it was noting a change in teh output file, which is to be expected.

Lawson