[sldev] Truncated Jira XML output with wget...

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 03:39:57 PST 2007

I'm trying to yank some XML from Jira without using authentication, and
it's mostly working.  If you do a search then go do a wget on it, it
seems to work OK, except that the output is truncated in a strange way.

For example:
wget
'http://jira.secondlife.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?&pid=10000&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=1000'

This will get all the MISC issues.  Except it doesn't.  It gets some of
them and then it truncates.  Jump to the end of file to see that it's
truncated.

It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it, if you do a larger
query it gets more bugs, so it's not hitting some kind of byte and/or
bug limit.

That "tempMax" GET variable there looks like it might have something to
do with this, but I tried diddling it, and it didn't change anything.

Anyone familiar with this problem or have a workaround?

-Jason