[sldev] cannot open file 'OpenJPEG.lib'

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 15:35:51 PST 2007

Anna Gulaev wrote:
> On 11/18/07, *Anna Gulaev* <annagulaev at gmail.com
> <mailto:annagulaev at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     *Robin Cornelius* wrote:
>
>         Anna Gulaev wrote:
>         > MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _strtol already defined in
>         > LIBCMTD.lib(strtol.obj)
>         >
>         > (and a whole lot more like this).
>

>          ...you may need to set/play with the "no default libs" settings
>         , or exclude default library, i forget the exact name, but its
>         there as
>         a project setting in the link/linker tabs i believe.
>

>     Thanks Robin, it looks like the compiler agrees with you. After many
>     of those errors I got these warnings:
>
>     LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of
>     other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
>     LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of
>     other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
>
>     Being new to Windows, I'm off to the oracle at google to figure out
>     what the hell it means :-)
>
>     I seem to have gotten through the openjpeg thing by swapping the
>     release library into the debug version.
>

> No joy. I found that the newview Property Pages > Linker > Input >
> Ignore Specific Libraries entry contained this:
>
> msvcrtd;libcd.lib;

There is a big mix up of debug and release libs here and thats whats
causing the issue. Try setting the Ignore libraries to be msvcrt, you
are excluding the debug version with msvcrtd. If that really is a debug
build of openjpeg and you are doing a debug build of sl. Its just
getting the required exclude libraries correct and you are done.

Robin