[sldev] cannot open file 'OpenJPEG.lib'

Anna Gulaev annagulaev at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 17:40:16 PST 2007

Phoenix wrote:

> If memory serves right, you get those kind of errors with MSVC when a
> library is created with the DLL based c runtime libraries. If you
> rebuilt open jpeg libraries to link to the static c runtime, and
> change the link file from openjpeg.lib to openjpegd.lib you should be
> fine.

Since I started this by asking why the library I have is called OpenJPEGd
when the instructions say I should have OpenJPEG, I decided to use the d
file I got originally and use OpenJPEGd in the link instead of the provided
OpenJPEG. No go. Same LNK2005 errors. Same tail-chasing game trying to get
rid of them by ignoring default libraries.

e.g.
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _strtol already defined in
LIBCMTD.lib(strtol.obj)

I am not having these troubles building the release version.