[sldev] Starting with the Viewer

Mark Burhop mark.burhop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:04:38 PST 2007

Newbee question....

I'm going to pull the viewer to start playing with it.  I'm looking to
find the best setup. Anyone got some good pointers and links before I
jump into this?

Here's my situation:

1.) I have Vista and VS2005SP2 on my Laptop (prefered computer so I
can code on the couch :-)
2.) I have an XP workstation with VS2005 I can use too.
3.) My C++ skills are pretty strong - Im not too worried about
compile/link problems (assuming someone has got it running on
Vista/VS2005 )
4.) I know Linux pretty well - I could run a virtual version on one of
the setups above.

So, any pointers, links  or "best practices" before I start?