[sldev] [AWG] Old login protocols, documentation and source code

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Nov 21 00:09:16 PST 2007

In order to help people better understand how to design and implement a
new login protocol,  we are documenting the old login protocol using the
sample python code from the libsl website, and adding to it as we go along.

Our first stab at a language-neutral documentation of the client login
is found here:

 https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Current_login_protocols

Please feel free to add to it. The next step is to document the
seed-capability (sim capability) and all the sub-capabilities that can
be obtained from it. Eventually, all the protocols will be documented
with sample code associated with each sub-capability. This is a
reproduction of much of the libsl effort, but in a language neutral
form, so that we can understand what is going on from a design
perspective and can use it in the modular client project:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Multi-Process_Client_VAG_--_draft

The modular client will be in a BSD/MIT style license for the core
mediator module(s) and due to its nature, you can add open source and/or
commercial "plugins" to it without licensing issues, as the plugin
format is actually communication via sockets.

Cheers.

Lawson