[sldev] [POLICY] Development by consensus (Re: Question regarding upcoming maintenance on 11/27-11/28)

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Fri Nov 23 07:15:15 PST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 09:45:05PM -0800, Rob Lanphier wrote:
> Several replies below:

> The ideas were considered.  Just because there wasn't a protracted
> debate on the mailing list, that doesn't mean they weren't considered.

This one way communications, we see all the time is probalt going to
kill LL, some efforts are made to change some area (Torey doing the only
party that reached me.) Usally comoonucations from ls is like this:

1) LL: Hey whe have something new!
2) Residents: Those parts SUCK, take it easy...
3) LL: Same message again unchange!!!
4) Resident: Those parts istill SUCK, please listen before you destroy
   something
5) LL: We have now released, that stuff as we said in the beginging.

Even if some of you listens and think about when the resident say,
without telling, and cominucations it's just propaganda.

> Nothing is carved in granite.  This is software.  Yes, a fair amount of
> engineering effort has been spent, but I think it's going to be much
> easier to have an informed debate once we get some test software out there.

I don't think so, it's herder to talk after the money is invested and
time spent, you have already shown many of the signs i so many times
have seen in RL projects, we have this idea, and started it no one can
stop the idea it's mine and great.

> I certainly appreciate that, and I'm sure my coworkers do, too.  We
> insist on a certain level of civility inside of Linden Lab, and while we
> can't enforce anything like that out on the wild, wooly Internet, we
> will be more inclined to work with the more civil people.

To bad the only times you say anything back was when i screamed, nothing
about what you did, being silend and ignorant will get extrem respoces,
still non of the conserns ahve got an answer, on why you go ahead. If
one likes to be threated civili one have to be civil. I'm sorry i lost
temoper last time, but frankly it's been to many times....

--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders at arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969