[sldev] New jira-notify mailing list

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Sat Nov 24 00:04:02 PST 2007

Harold and I chatted about this on IRC (#opensl on irc.efnet.org).  The
main benefit to the email is that the person making the edit shows up in
the "from" line, making it easy to see at a glance who is making edits.
Using the queries below only gives you the person who created the issue
that's being commented on/edited/whatever.

Also, the queries below, if used by a feed reader, put some amount of
load on jira.secondlife.com that scales up by number of users who do it
(times the number of edits).  The email, on the other hand, is one email
per change, which gets sent to our list server.  The list server's job
gets harder, but I think it's in a better position to take the load than
jira is right now.

Rob