[sldev] Heads up - we're working on CMake

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Thu Nov 29 13:18:26 PST 2007

Alissa Sabre wrote:

> I'm sorry to say this, BOS, but you are doing it in a wrong way.

I don't think so.  Our current source release process is painful and
messy, and I don't want to derail getting a basic cmake build going by
simultaneously wrestling with that.  I also don't want people "on the
outside" to waste their time on independent cmake initiatives.

 > Why you don't disclose the current work-in-progress?

Internally, we're looking at ways to split up our source tree to reduce
the burden on our own developers, and also to make it easier to
collaborate with the open source community on speculative work like
this, not to mention sharing works-in-progress earlier.  That's not
going to come along terribly soon, though.

	<b