[sldev] Sculpties and Alpha channel (people think they broke in 1.18.3 and are screaming!)

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Oct 1 12:33:25 PDT 2007

Hi,

I see there is a lot of people screaming about the changes in the alpha
channel on the sculpties. They were never aware or missed the point that
the alpha channel was never designated to be used as alpha mode on
regular PNG of JPG type images.

I suggest a quick fix to allow planned use of the alpha channel with the
mode they expect is to use recently added extra bits on prims.  It would
mean a new UI button to toggle between different alpha modes.

They main gotcha is that people will complain that they uploaded lots of
textures and that they'll have to spend more money to fix and replace
them. This extra toggle could prevent that mess with another viewer update.

--
Power to Change the Void