Goals for viewer authentication (was: Re: [sldev] Re: Viewer Auth Feedback)

Erik Anderson odysseus654 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:25:11 PDT 2007

>From what i'm hearing, I'm guessing that the purpose of this proposal was to
place all back-end authentication logic under the umbrella of a single
"login management" application.  After this is done, they can create
something like the Risk API to track down and rate potentially fraudulent
user logins.  I doubt that they need to have everything go through the
SecondLife.com website in order for this to work though, although it makes
it easier for them to develop.