[sldev] [PROPOSAL] IP / Computer Black / White / Greylist and attempted login log.

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Tue Oct 2 04:45:49 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 01:34:48AM -0700, John Hurliman wrote:
> >appear on the Whitelist of approved IP's.  Greylisting would allow one
> >login attempt every 5-10 minutes and could be used when traveling.
> >IP's on the blacklist would not be able to log into the account at all.
> I'm curious why these measures are needed for Second Life but not to
> manage any other assets over the net.

And why can't this be solved in the current way of logging in. This kine
of featurs sems totally independent of how the authentications is
transferbned from the user to lindenlabs.

As a end user i perfere having the log in in the client. Much easiet. I
would like to specify where to staore the ~/.secondlife/ as well. Easy
on the command line.

--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders at arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969