[sldev] Why won't isAvatar() work?

Michael Miller 1337mail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:58:30 PDT 2007

At the end of the processObjectUpdate method(in llviewerobjectlist.cpp), I
check to see if the object is an avatar(after everything in the "stock"
source is done). The check looks like this:

if(objectp && objectp->isAvatar()){
// Do stuff here
}

The problem lies in the objectp->isAvatar(). I've run this through gdb(I'm
on Mac OSX "non-10.4 platform"), and the isAvatar() method keeps throwing
EXEC_BAD_ACCESS exceptions whenever the method is run(when calling
isAvatar()). Is this because the objectp variable is "destroyed" or
otherwise made inaccessible? How might I remedy this problem?

Thanks,
Mike