[sldev] Re: [PROTOCOL] Protocol Documentation

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 21:10:35 PDT 2007

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> I routinely release my OWN code under a license that gives me LESS
> ability to control it than the GPL does, and I've been doing that longer
> than the GPL has been in existence, and you're accusing ME of being some
> kind of code miser. You've got a lot of bloody nerve, mate, that's all I
> can say.

Hmm, I worded it badly.  I should say there's two classes of people,
those who want to do things the GPL doesn't allow them to do (which is a
large group), and those who think everyone should have the right to do
what the GPL doesn't allow them to do.

You obviously are in the latter group.  My point still remains, finding
legal nitpicks and snafus that happen in the GPL world to pick on, when
your real problem with the license is on a fundamental and philosophical
level, that's kinda iffy in my book.

-Jason