[sldev] Why won't isAvatar() work?

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Thu Oct 4 05:54:00 PDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 08:41:32AM -0400, Michael Miller wrote:

> Yes, I do it right before the closing brace of the method(after every last
> bit of SL code has been executed).

Then that may be wrong, as there can be multiple objects, and you'll be
only processing the last one if you do that.

> I'll give it a shot. Should(will) this declaration be edited in the main SL
> codebase (assuming it works)?

I think it should. It's good practice to initialize all pointers to
NULL. Then when it gets accessed before it's initialized it always
crashes right there, and you don't have to wonder where all those
bizarre values came from when looking at the object in the debugger.