[sldev] CAPTCHA to validate land sales.

Matthew Dowd matthew.dowd at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 12:15:44 PDT 2007

Well, my suggestion (and others have made it too) would be a five minute moratorium after land is set for sale during which time *only* those present on the sim when the land was set for sale can buy.

It provides a breathing space for second thoughts, mistake correction, correction of mispriced land due to software glitches/lag etc. before a bot can run in and purchase the land.

It supports the typical scenario of "buyer was present and no-one else was so I thought it was safe to set to sale to anyone and that setting for sale to a specific person was just an additional sequence of unnecessary steps..."

It *is* theoretically possible that someone could get around this by running enough bots - either as many bots as mainland sims, or at least a large enough number that there is a good statistical probability of being in a sim when land is set for sale...

Matthew

So what complaint do we really have?

1. The interface is so confusing it causes people to make mistakes in selling land
2. Land Bots can find and buy land faster then a human