[sldev] CAPTCHA to validate land sales.

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 06:42:04 PDT 2007

On 05-Oct-2007, at 01:36, dirk husemann wrote:
> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> On 03-Oct-2007, at 13:32, Dale Glass wrote:
>> Look, if it was cost effective then people would be doing it, and
>> out-competing the people running dumb bots.

> hmm...considering that we don't have the captcha stuff yet, it's a bit
> difficult to claim that people are not doing it, thus, it's not cost
> effective :-)

You're not talking about what I'm talking about. Right now it's
apparently cost effective to NOT look at plots but to buy them blind
instead, because the cost of having a few junk plots you have to
abandon because the don't sell is less than the cost of taking the
time to actually look to see if you really WANT the funny shaped plot
next to the badly placed ad farm. If you've gotta bring in a human to
fill in the captcha anyway, then having that human go "don't be daft,
nobody's going to buy that for what we'd need to sell it for" and
cancel out becomes cost-effective.