[sldev] Fire wall issues with new Architecture?

Zha Ewry zha.ewry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 00:58:16 PDT 2007

You can model this several ways. IT departments will end up making choices.
The sane model, in many ways, would have the corporate data in corporate
asset servers, behind firewalls, and some sims there as well. These would
have full access to assets in corporate space, and assuming they allow the
sims in corporate space to reach out to the public asset servers, access to
public ones
as well.

Depending on where you place an agent domain, and whether you allow agents
to log on to
separate ones, at different times, you get somewhat different permutations

As a designer, my intent is to make sure we design for all the possible
cases, and then let the real world decide which ones succeed. I think that
the mixed models, where private space still deeply shares assets and avatars
with public space is best, but other people will have other opinions.
HTTP/HTML works well across inter and intra nets, with any permutations of
deployment. 3d internet web wide, should as well.

- Zha