[sldev] Trying to create a menu entry/dialog

James Cook james at lindenlab.com
Sun Oct 7 09:39:46 PDT 2007

> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Adding_a_dialog
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Adding_a_menu_item

I wrote those, so I'm happy someone else is following them!  I'll patch
them up with any comments you have.

> I followed the first tut to the letter except for changing the names on
> the commit/button. For the second tutorial I followed pretty much
> everything except the last part where it has you add a line to the
> intialize_menu_actions() function. This appeared deprecated to me so I
> added the following to the initialize_menus() function:
>
> addMenu(new LLToolsSearch(), "Tools.Search");

You're right.  It looks like someone changed this -- I'll patch the wiki.

> In function 'LLToolsSearch::handleEvent(LLPointer<LLEvent>, LLSD const&)':
>    undefined reference to 'LLFloaterSearch::show(void*)'

This sounds to me like the .cpp files isn't getting built.  Is
llfloatersearch.cpp added in "files.lst"?  That's the listing of all the
files to build with the viewer.  If not, add this:

newview/llfloatersearch.cpp

Hope this helps.

James
Software Engineer