[sldev] Sculpties: Vacuum-Forming, Skittering, Zone Linking

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:11:45 PDT 2007

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Now if virtual space were real-world free, and builders were limited
> purely by prim count, people could spread out their builds, reducing
> load on just about every level.

It doesn't even need to be free.  Larger sims would help this a ton.
Other than a whole lot of code cleanup to yank out assumptions, there's
no reason we couldn't have 1024x1024 sims, or whatever, with the same
limits as a 256 sim has now.

Openspaces almost help here, but the steep 100% increase on price/prim
is hard for people to swallow (you only get 7500 prims for all 4 regions).

-Jason