[sldev] [VWR] How to "commit" translations in Build mode?

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Wed Oct 10 03:01:42 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 03:36:42PM -0700, Lawson English wrote:
> This ties in with the jira request for the ability to "build" particle
> effects. Is there a similar way to update particle effects before the
> building process ends?

I don't think this is related.

This is simply an optimization to send several updates inside one packet
instead of using several packets to do it.

What do you mean by building process, btw? AFAIK (though I haven't
looked at the specifics), the "building process" is a purely client-side
state. The viewer could send prim updates without having to enter any
sort of build mode if coded to do it.