[sldev] Packaging the viewer for Linux distributions

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 04:54:10 PDT 2007

On 10-Oct-2007, at 03:02, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> My only concern is that there must be a way of disabling it or
> perhapses running a custom script etc so if people are following
> nicholaz patch sets they don't suddenly get updated to a linden
> original etc.

I would assume the guy making the patch set would put the base rsync
URL of *his* server in the patched client. :)

In fact, the way to do it would be to have in some XML file in the
client...

<update-server>http://example.com/thingy/whatzit/osx.xml</update-server>

And that would then return...

<update tag="20071023" path="Contents/
MacOS">mirror1.example.com::updates/osx/MacOS</update>
<update tag="20071101" path="Contents/Resources/character"
type="optional">mirror1.example.com::updates/20071101/character</update>

Then you could have it return a different mirror on every request.