[sldev] [META] Anyone want to take over SLDev-Traffic?

Soft soft at lindenlab.com
Wed Oct 10 06:02:08 PDT 2007

Each week (approximately), I create a summary of SLDev mailing list
traffic and link it here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev_Traffic

I'm trying to free up some of my sldev-budgeted time for other sldev
work, and want to see if anyone would be interested in volunteering to
take this over. I started this before I began working for Linden Lab -
no insider angle or voice of authority is needed to write -traffic.

My approach in writing -traffic has been to review each week's list
traffic, to capture a summary of the major discussions of interest to
developers, and to note the names associated with the discussions. The
goal is to provide a pointer to new faces readers should know about,
or to people who might be useful contacts for resolving bugs or
getting multiple views on hot issues. It's helpful to write on a
weekly basis, and to put off summarizing still-live discussions, only
pointing to their current existence. I usually do this by only
summarizing threads with no posts in two days.

Reply here if you're interested - it's a great way to make sure you're
on top of current issues, and a great way to meet Lindens. It was
great having a number of people who already knew who I was when I
decided to interview at Linden Lab.