[sldev] compilation error

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Oct 12 10:30:33 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 20:12 +0300, Murat Şenel wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea about the error below? I'm trying to compile latest
> release.

> In member function `virtual F32 LLListener_OpenAL::getDopplerFactor()':
> build/var/pisi/secondlife-1.18.3.5_rc1-15/work/linden/indra/i686-linux-client-release/llaudio/listener_openal.cpp:61:
> warning: 'factor' might be used uninitialized in this function

Uhhh, you seem to be using my OpenAL patch, and slviewer by default
enables -Werror these days so warnings become errors. 'factor' is used
to receive a value from OpenAL by passing it a pointer to factor. So
AFAIK this is a false positive but gcc doesn't know any better. The
solutions are to initialize factor to 0.0f, (which I guess I'll have to
do) or turn off -Werror. ;P