[sldev] [QUESTION] What was issue SL-35450

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Oct 16 08:05:40 PDT 2007

RYaN,

> * Run the Linux version of First Look 1.13.3.58100 as
> LC_ALL=de_DE.utf8 ./secondlife

Thanks.  It crashed.

More precisely, I did the following on my Fedora 7 (i686) box:

Download 1.18.3.5 (RC) source files, build the unmodified sources
using LL supplied libraries, then run the resulting binary under four
locales: C, en_US.utf8, de_DE.utf8, and ja_JP.utf8.  All cases worked
fine.

I then removed the "push/pop" codes regarding SL-35450 in
llwindowsdl.cpp, build the modified sources, and run the result under
the four locales mentioned above.  It worked fine under C, en_US.utf8,
and ja_JP.utf8, but crashed under de_DE.utf8 locale.

Well, although the title of the SL-35450 says: "Startup crash with
non-english locales (linux client)", my first impression is that the
crash occurs only under German locale...

Anyway, I can track the details of the crash with the repro, and I'm
looking for another solution to the issue other than running GTK event
loop under C locale.

Thanks again for the quick response,

    Alissa Sabre