[sldev] [VWR] Switch to cmake?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Fri Oct 19 08:07:49 PDT 2007

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> That was the exact reason CMake was created.  To automate the "busy work".

Hi Bill.  Have you tried to do a full compile of SL with Express? I know
it compiles, but after I do a small change and re-compile it forces a
complete build of all files again. I know CMake would generate project
files, and that would seem not to work for Express users from what I
found. Someone mentioned CMake had an automake like option instead of
project files for Windows, but how does that work flow?

Does it also do staged builds? We compile all the external libraries,
build the directory structures, and then compile all of SL itself, then
create an installation package (InstallJammer).

Thanks

--
Power to Change the Void