[sldev] [VWR] Switch to cmake?

Richard Nelson richard at lindenlab.com
Fri Oct 19 10:19:51 PDT 2007

I would say that it is already a pain to make project changess (adding a
new file, moving them around, etc).  As it stands, this would involve
making concomitant changes for the other two platforms, with the requisite
shuffling of changes through svn or file share.  In my case, I don't have
ready access to a Linux build environment, so I rely on the build rules
just working or someone else being on top of things.  Also, MSDev doesn't
seem to have good integrated svn support that I've found, so there is
already a required manual step in adding/moving files via svn (and the
opportunity to forget).

As it stands, I end up splitting classes into separate files far less
often then I should in order to avoid the hassle.  With a cmake file, I
could make the changes in one place, and be pretty certain that the other
platforms will pick it up.  So, as an IDE user, I'm in favor.

R.