[sldev] A new look for the Second Life Viewer

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Oct 22 15:11:16 PDT 2007

The first monitor I had was actually a TV set. The normal colors were
either cyan on dark blue (like this: http://dzonux.net/ ) or white on
black. The VIC-20 was a fun toy to program and play (and help run
nuclear power plants, lol)!!! The immediate popular competition was the
TRS-80 (famous striped grayish-green on phosphorous black), and its
Asylum maze wasted lots of time. The VIC-20 came with a complete
detailed hardware manual, so kids naturally learned assembly while they
optimized basic programs. Microsoft produced games for the Apple //
(Death in the Carribean), so you know Gates still owes Jobs for the
kickstart platform for what Microsoft is today with its blinding black
on white. =)

I'm still anxious for the day I can take my e-ink padd that sports
Second Life around town where the display can be seen in bright
sunlight.  A touch a of few buttons on the padd, I can spend Lindens on
some new shoes. The prim version on the screen shows me where to find
them in town. ;)

I'm not sure if anybody noticed with the Terascale CPU design that intel
has that there is an extra said "memory" link from the core. Normally,
cores network to each other on a flat 2D array. The said "memory" link
comes off the core grid as a 3D extension to the grid - network wise.
Now, think about this, remove the light bulb from the LCD screen and
attach each "memory" link directly to the back of the LCD for each pixel
(or a small region of pixels).

Did someone say they think GPUs are going to last in the market? =p

--
Power to Change the Void