[sldev] [Viewer Auth] Office hour high points.

Tess Chu tess at lindenlab.com
Mon Oct 22 17:11:15 PDT 2007

> Two main problems:
> 1) this add nothing for the users, more problems, with alternative
>    browsers. More problems with alternative avatars.

This change paves the way for centralized login enhancements for fraud
mitigation that will come in the future.  Also, the client will still be
able to log in via the in-client mozilla browser.  Alternative avatars
will fire up a client and log in the normal way.
> 2) This add nothing in the server end, it's doesn't make centralized
>    authentications any easier, don't give you any cool extras here.
>    It might seam like that internally, but you move code from one
>    party of the viewer or an other part of the client program.
>
> This problem have to be looked over at protocol level it's a protocol
> problem not viewer, browser problem.

It is a protocol problem.  We have 2 protocols for authentication for
your web session and into the Second Life grid.  They need to be
consolidated so that all development under authentication can be done in
an identical manner.