[sldev] A new look for the Second Life Viewer

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Thu Oct 25 08:46:57 PDT 2007

SL - Farallon Greyskin wrote:
> Also.. blue.. Hmm well, it matches like EVERY heavily themed UI out
> there but... that may be good or maybe bad. Maybe a different color
> scheme, an SL color scheme. Frankly, the current color scheme is
> actually nice, some update to it's looks but keeping the color scheme
> might be something to look at. Bright interfaces look ok during the day
> but can be harder on the eyes at night.

C'mon even Microsoft Windows allow you to choose color schemes.  Surely
that option could be left to the user.  If you're trying to improve the
look, why would anyone want to hardcode it to something different?  You
can guarantee that there will always be someone who likes the classic
appearance.  I tend to be in that crowd myself. :-)

Mike