[sldev] Sun's Java (oh, and Mono)

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Tue Oct 30 07:12:47 PDT 2007

I've notice through slashdot and some stories (don't ask) that Sun has
made the intent with their license scheme more clear.

That brings Java back to the table for a more direct (or pluggable)
language for user-space only (no system interface as even Sun suggests).

There is a lot of enterprise work already done in java that I hate to
see be thrown away and restarted from scratch. I know there is a more
indirect way to access java script through the viewer now, so it is
obvious that it is wanted. I think it would be good to close that one
little gap there for the client side.

I don't if you ever compared JVM and Mono together, but Mono looks like
a pinto bean under the hood. To Mono developers, I suggest to learn from
Mono and make a light-weight Mono abstraction that can ride in the JVM.
That way we can have a potluck of  fat free mixed beans.

=)

++ Sol

--
Power to Change the Void