[sldev] LSL SVN

Dana Fagerstrom Dana.Fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 31 13:39:58 PDT 2007

I second this recommendation!!!

Thanks Argent.

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> I think SVN or CVS support would be great, but they wouldn't need to be
> built in to the client.
>
> I'd be happy if it would just:
>
> 1. Have a "File->Save" option to let me save the script I'm editing to
> (say) "~/Scripts/Cyberflight.lsl"
> 2. Have a "File->Load" option to let me load "~/Scripts/Cyberflight.lsl"
> into the script I'm editing.
>
> Plus...
>
> 3. Periodically save the script to a file in
> "~/Scripts/Cyberflight.lsl.bak", or maybe "~/Scripts/Flight
> Feather/Cyberflight 1.4.3.bak".
> 4. Also save it to the .bak file when I save the script, or when the
> client quits with a script editor window open.
>
> Then I could maintain the LSL code in my own source control system of
> choice, and I wouldn't lose everything I'd done if the asset server is
> being an ass. Of course, the "autosave file" name should not be the same
> as the name of the file I loaded the script from.

Dana Fagerstrom                        Phone: 877.851.6343
Sun Services                             Fax: 877.851.6343
400 Atrium Dr.                         Email: dana.fagerstrom at Sun.COM
Somerset, NJ  08873               SneakerNet: USMT01