[sldev] LSL SVN

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:22:23 PDT 2007

On 31-Oct-2007, at 15:43, Erik Anderson wrote:
> The thing is, I've had people do plenty of work "outside of their
> SVN directory",

This wouldn't BE work "outside the SVN directory". That is, the
directory that I'm referring to as "~/Scripts" would be your SVN
working directory. If yours is ~/vendors/3prim/src or C:\SL\WORK
\UBERVEND or whatever, then you'd use that. You would load the LSL
scripts directly from it, and save them back to it.

If you want the in-game inventory to be integrated into SVN that's a
zillion times harder. The asset server itself doesn't have
directories. Everything is identified by UUID, and editing a script
changes its UUID, and every instance of a prim has its own copy of
the code. Just having a standard way to save and restore text files
would get you just as much control as having a virtual file system
for your inventory, as well as being much more reliable and easier to
manage.