[sldev] Re: [svc] Back end features (was: New viewer released)

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Sep 1 01:43:36 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 00:09 -0700, Kamilion wrote:
> The other thing is, Eventually, the grid is going to require simulator
> X, Y, AND Z coordinates. Currently, as far as I know, only X and Y are
> used.

The whole "grid" thing is a rather un-necessary forcing of real world
limitations onto a virtual world. Simulators should be able to "shape"
themselves any way they like, and link to each other through a web of
portals, negotiated between the simulators themselves with no
centralized control required or desired. We could call it... the world
wide web! Parcels designed as a starting point to finding places of
interest could be called "portal sites"! People could order pet supplies
online and have then delivered to their home! This is going to be big!

oh god am I sleep deprived zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...