[sldev] what and/or where is TEST_HARNESS?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sun Sep 2 08:01:14 PDT 2007

Lawson English wrote:
> [...]
>
> As well, by being able to deal with the GUI framework on a hello world
> level, we can make a serious stab at upgrading the GUI framework and
> eventually port the client-specific code back to the improved version
> of the framework.
>
> Division of labor and all that.

What would this "division of labor" gain us?

Well, in addition to a more rational GUI framework, it would make
Benjamin's proposal to redo the GUI of the viewer much easier. As well,
any scripting of the viewer's GUI could be targeted to the revised
framework, rather than the current, messy one.

Finally, the long-proposed plug-in API could be built around the revised
framework. In fact, the revised client itself could be seen as a
"plug-in" for this framework, which would make porting the client to
other GUIs such as a web-page-based interface, that much easier.