[sldev] Re: [VIEWER] Dead code removal (Lawson English)

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 16:57:26 PDT 2007

From: Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net>
> Pardon me if this sounds like a bad library design to me, unless that
> code is definitely designeed to be "dual use" between client and
> server
> like common definitions and communications modules, and in that
> case, it
> should be factored into its own files and placed in the "common" if I
> understand what that is for.

There's a lot of code in the client that is clearly designed to be
used by multiple programs. There are whole modules that look just
like common libraries that the client happens to be using.

And personally I'd rather work on programs that contain common
libraries that are useful on their own than one where every part has
been trimmed down and customized for that application. Factoring code
so as to allow and encourage reuse is good design.