[sldev] Problems merging new LL code with SVK source version control

Tobias Lang tlang303 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:44:10 PDT 2007

Hello,

I make quite a lot of changes to the SL viewer and always struggle applying
my changes to a new LL release. After following the instructions for the SVK
version control
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Source_version_control I can update to a new
LL code very easliy, but only if I use the same branch, like 1.18.1. If LL
releases a new viewer in another branch like 1.18.3 the "smerge" SVK command
doesn't work anymore, telling me that no common merge base exists between
the LL branch and my SVN repository.

Is this a common problem or am I doing s.th. wrong? How to you guys usually
update to a new version? Merging always manually?

Thank you,
Tobias