[sldev] Voice libraries tntk.dll and srtp.dll

John Hurliman jhurliman at wsu.edu
Thu Sep 6 16:31:35 PDT 2007

Mike Monkowski wrote:
> I am in the process of trying to document some of the Voice code, and
> it appears to me that tntk.dll and srtp.dll (which is used by
> tntk.dll) are not used by SLVoice or any other module.  They are part
> of the DiamondWare distribution, but don't appear to be used by
> SLVoiceAgent. I can rename them and Voice works just fine.  Can
> someone at Linden verify this?
>
> Mike

srtp is the Secure RTP library (http://srtp.sf.net/) and I don't think
anyone ever figured out what tntk.dll is. I don't think either of them
are actually used, it is likely optional Vivox features that SL does not
make use of or unreferenced libraries in a package of them. If you ever
figure out what SLVoiceAgent actually does can you document it here?
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Voice

I assigned the JIRA task of providing documentation for the voice
protocol to myself based on Rob's comment, but if you are going to
tackle some of the work for me go right ahead ;-).

John Hurliman