[sldev] [VIEWER] KDU with self-compiled client

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Sep 8 14:03:15 PDT 2007

Boroondas Gupte wrote:
> Ooops, this should have gone to the list:
> (So I can be corrected in case this is wrong)
>
>> HI,
>> I'd love to be able to
>> build SL against the libkdu stuff (which is what the official client
>> uses - a commercial JPEG 2000 library), but so far no luck with that.
>>

> I think you can just take the library from an existing binary installation
> of SL and drop it to the same place of your self-compiled one (after
> compiling). The source has the code for calling both of those libraries,
> and as far as I know, will switch to KDU when it detects it's there.
>
> Boroondas

IF that is the case, then I believe that xCode has the capability to do
a conditional compile of the source. If the library already exists, link
that in, else compile the source and link THAT instead. Mind you, I
haven't a clue how to write the script to accomplish this. It should be
a standard shell script to control gcc though.