[sldev] [VIEWER} Mac madness

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Sep 8 18:49:11 PDT 2007

> I wonder how many people are using Macs to write patches?

I'm doing.

Mine is an Intel Mac mini, not PowerPC, however.

> The "Development" target, designed to facilitate
> debugging, causes runtime errors at the lanuch of the client, so I have
> to use the "Deployment" target instead.

If you experience the error 100%, I'm not having the issue.
Development target generally works fine for me.  It sometimes crushes
(1 out of 10 runs, or something like that) if I run the Development
binary under gdb.  I filed the issue as VWR-2190.

> The second one is a killer,

> I'll submit a jira with the screenshots of both the pre-built and
> home-built versions. If any Mac developer wants a copy of the ant, I can
> send it to them for testing.

I want that object for testing.

If you are OK, I think it's better to put that object somewhere
in-world and include the slurl to the object in your JIRA filing.

Ah!  Somewhere in Hippotropolis should be good for the purpose.  I'm
happy to provide some of my fief for the pupose.