[sldev] Second Life Open Source Enforcement Agency

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Sep 10 17:12:13 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 11:37 -0700, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Callum Lerwick wrote:
>
> > Now that OpenJPEG is up to what I feel is an acceptable level of
> > performance, (though getting it all upstream is still ongoing) I am
> > broadening my mission to achieving 100% stability.
>
> OK, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
>
> Is there a single place I can get the necessary bits from?  I'd prefer
> to rebuild a more modern and useful version of OpenJPEG than the one we
> currently ship with.

Well, just getting up to 1.2 from the web site would be a fine start.

http://www.openjpeg.org/index.php?menu=download

There was an ABI break between 1.1 (and 1.1.1?) and 1.2, if the client
were dynamic linked against 1.2, test builds could be dropped in easily.
However it looks like an API change may have just been merged a few days
ago. Ugh. I haven't yet checked if this affects slviewer.

I'd really just like to start seeing bug reports against the latest
stable release, with useful backtraces.

If you're anxious for a new release I can see if upstream is up for it,
after a couple more patches I really want to get in first. The buffer
underrun fix/workaround above all, and Dzonatas' vectorized DWT is long
overdue. :) I submitted my big memset patch a bit ago, but it hasn't
been merged yet. It seems eliminating the opj_malloc wrappers may be
controversial. ;P